Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A Letter from Canada

Kor Kor helped look after me when I was very young. I was known as Kenny Boy, the sound of which frankly as an adult I don't like. But to my Mama (granny, her sister) and Kor Kor that was how they affectionately knew me.

I shall always be grateful to Kor Kor for being there for me and tolerating my nonsense as a child as Mama was known to have spoilt me. Well ... looks like a little too much love can still go a long way as we have all turned out fine, haven't we?

So belated as it is, kam siah Kor Kor. And to David and Lawrence who were like my brothers when I was with them in Tembeling Road and East Coast Road: Thank you. I remember that house near the church where I became a server boy. I remember almost drowning at the seaside nearby, back when the sea was close by before the land reclamation.

I don't remember much ... but I am grateful to you all.

Much love, best wishes and if any of you are visiting Vancouver, please let me know (through any of my siblings). If I can just give you just an ounce of the care Kor Kor gave me, that would be quite a lot.

Love:
Ken Lim
Love from Polly, Matthew and Madeleine too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home